We are proud to be the Central Alberta’s Property Inspection Experts. At Certa Property Inspections, we are proud to be the leaders in the industry. With a vast knowledge base and experience, we inspect the following:
- Exterior– We inspect the siding, visible exterior foundation walls, doors, windows, garages, porches and decks, driveways and walkways, grading around the structure, vegetation, fence lines, retaining walls, gutters and downspouts, and more.
- Roofing– When it comes to roofing, it is one of the most important inspection points and we pay close attention here. We inspect roof penetration points such chimneys and roof vents, skylights, weather hoods, mast heads, flashings, and other areas of the roofline to ensure proper installation methods were employed and are leak free.
- Structure– We will inspect the foundations of structures, floors including beams, columns, and joists, the roofing structure, and inspect crawlspaces and attics when accessible.
- Insulation & Ventilation– We check to ensure that there is adequate insulation in your attic space including inspecting for vapour barriers. When this is not visible to the naked eye, we use our thermal imaging cameras to scan for any abnormalities in the walls of the structure. Ensuring proper ventilation in attics and crawlspaces is vital for the health of structures and this is also inspected.
- Electrical– Depending if the structure has overhead or underground services, we will be inspecting mast heads on the exterior to ensure they are safely installed and do not allow for moisture intrusion inside. We remove the “dead front” (cover) from electrical panels so that we can inspect the circuit wiring and overcurrent protection devices (breakers). We check for proper receptacle (plugs) wiring at all readily available receptacles, the presence of aluminum wiring, AFCI and GFCI protection devices, and that all readily accessible switches and lights are functioning properly.
- Heating & Cooling– Inspecting the main source of the heat in the structure is vital, whether it is a furnace, boiler, or baseboard heaters. We check to make the vent piping is properly installed and working adequately. We also use both carbon monoxide detectors and combustible gas detectors to ensure no harmful gasses are present. Weather permitting; we will test and inspect A/C unit(s).
- Plumbing– Every home has plumbing and we check these systems thoroughly. We’ll check for leaks at the water heater, under sinks, toilets, and bathing units. We look for backflow prevention devices and inspect sump pits and pumps. The use of our thermal imaging cameras proves extremely helpful when inspecting below plumbing fixtures, drain and supply lines for leaks as they are often hidden behind drywall.
- Interior– Throughout the inspection process, we inspect flooring, walls, ceilings, stairways, doors, cabinets and counters. With our extensive experience in mold and asbestos testing; we know where to look for in search of any evidence of water damage, mold, and possible asbestos contacting materials. We also test appliances that are installed and functioning.